Friday, August 8, 2008

Time Flies

Wow! It has been over a month since
I've written anything.
I am sorry.
This will be just a quick little blurb
and I will elaborate over the weekend.
The month of July brought:
Logan getting even closer to
SEVEN YEARS OLD
and
FIRST GRADE!!!
Summer School - Algebra - an A - WooHoo!!
Jackson's 7th Birthday!
Darin's SURPRISE 40th Birthday Party!
It was a great month!
One last thing - can't resist sharing.....
Wednesday night before bed,
Logan was saying his prayers
(the night before my final)
and this is how it went...
"Dear Jesus, please help my mommy
with her stinking test that I wish she didn't
have to take because I'm tired of her
doing homework all the time. AMEN."
Out of the mouth of a babe.
I had two immediate feelings about his prayer:
First, I felt so guilty -
I knew that I had neglected him
over the four weeks I was in the class
and
Second, I just wanted to laugh (I DIDN'T).
How much more honest can a person be!?
I bet Jesus was laughing!
I think He likes for us to be honest in our prayers.
I believe Logan was just that!

1 comment:

For More Information said...

Oh my goodness...his little prayer was sooo funny! I laughed out loud when I read this. Too cute!! The sacrifice for your education will be worth it in the end. This too shall pass...