Thursday, August 6, 2009

Pine Cove 2009







It's with mixed emotions that I write about Logan's first camp experience.
Logan is far more confident and secure than I was at 7 years old
and
for that I am grateful.

He is spending this week at Pine Cove Christian Camp in Tyler
and
I'm assuming having a great time
(since I can't have any contact with him for the week)!
I have NEVER gone a day without atleast speaking to him.
My mom and I dropped him off on Sunday afternoon
and
we get to pick him up bright and early on Saturday morning -
I can't wait to see his sweet face!!

Logan's thoughts on going to camp was,
"I may not know anyone now but I will when I get there".
Wow! I'm blessed and thankful to have a child that is so secure with himself.

Isn't that exactly how we want our children to be?
Confident, secure, and indepedent?
I know, that he knows, that I am always with him - even when I'm not.

No comments: