Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Past 20 Years

When word of my 20 year reunion began circulating, I began feeling (VERY) nervous and contemplated not going. I began to think back over the past 20 years and think about what I had accomplished or better yet - what I haven't accomplished. I haven't finished college (yet!.....almost! Or at least I see light at the end of the tunnel), I don't live in a big house, I don't drive a fancy car, I'm a single mom, and I could keep going. I knew that none of these were truly important and yet I was worried that my classmates would think they were. I AM a Cancer Survivor (16 years now), I AM able to provide for my precious son & myself, I DO have a job that I LOVE, I HAVE had the opportunity to go on mission trips and love on others, I have several TRUE friends, I was given THE greatest gift ever - Logan, and I LOVE the Lord more than ever. I would say that on the outside - my life may not look like a success - but on the inside....I'd say the past 20 years have been the best 20 years of my life!
The reunion was a success! I was so glad that I chose to go. It went so much better than I ever imagined. My nerves were gone almost immediately and my classmates were sincere, sweet, loving, accepting, funny, etc.......It was GREAT!
Jackson & Logan Wendy Fountain-Bean

Christy Greenville
Gilmer High School Class of 1990








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there to celebrate...mainly because the males are old, fat...and starting to show signs of balding...except me!!!

All the females are STILL smoking HOT!