Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Dare to be a Daniel"

First...I will admit that I STINK at using my camera. There are TOO many options for picture taking. All I want to do is point and click and have a PROFESSIONAL! looking picture. UGH! Hopefully you can see Logan in some of these pictures.
Today was the end of summer program at Oakland Heights. I was so impressed that they took the time to learn and perform this musical. I'm blessed that Logan is able to attend after-school care and summer at OHBC. Logan did not have a part in the play because 1. He was out for most of the weeks leading up to the performance and 2. He doesn't do parts!
As I was sitting and listening & watching these children perform I began thinking.
Children are gifts from God.
I love my son.
I am thankful that God chose ME to be Logan's mommy.
What a HUGE responsibility parenting is.
I find myself overwhelmed, at times, with single-motherhood.
I wish I could be a Stay-at-Home Mom (most days!).
I am thankful for my wonderful boss that allows me the time to be at ALL of Logan's programs/parties/etc.
I am thankful for parents that love Logan and me - UNCONDITIONALLY!
I have really great friends.
The Lord sent His son to die on the cross for ME.
If I could choose anyone to change places with...I wouldn't.
I overthink - yes, I know!
I sometimes wonder if I love Logan, as much as I do, because I wanted him so badly. I knew I would never be able to "have" my own child and there was never a guarantee that I would have an "adopted" child. Logan truly IS a gift (if you don't believe this - go back and read my 1st post!)! I'm sure I don't love Logan anymore than any other parent and I'm sure I don't cherish everything as I should but there's no doubt that when I look at Logan I see Jesus and I am thankful for that.

Ephesians 1:5 He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—
















No comments: