Saturday, August 7, 2010

He's Home!

Welcoming Campers to Closing Ceremonies




Waiting on Their Cabin "Awards"

Last Picture with Pajamas!


Well, Logan is home. Safe & Sound. Tired. Cuddly. Dirty!
To my surprise he actually smiled when he saw me (instead of frowning like last year) but didn't want a hug when anyone was looking. I can live with that, at least I got a smile!
I LOVE Pine Cove.
I would highly recommend it to any parent/child that is able to go (even though the separation is bittersweet...but in the end - worth it). If the week the children are there is as full of the Spirit as it is during Closing Ceremonies, I can certainly understand the children's tears upon leaving.
When I think of Logan growing up and wonder what he will be when he "grows-up" I can't help but believe that as long as he is a Godly Man everything else is secondary. My prayer for Logan is that he falls in love with the Lord more everyday. What could be better than saying your child is sold out for the Lord?
Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
Ephesians 6:4
Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

(And in my case.....Mother)


1 comment:

Suzanne L. said...

Tabitha...that was beautiful! Thanks for caring & sharing. It brought tears to my eyes,a pain to my heart & the thought to my mind that I am not being the best mother I can be to my 4 beautiful babies...They all need to know the love & knowledge Christ Jesus has for them to take with them as they enter this cold, cruel world. Thanks for the nudge I was needing to get off "high center"! Your a truly amazing & inspirational lady!
Love ya! Suzanne Lawrence